pre·cious
1. Of high cost or worth; valuable.
2. Highly esteemed; cherished.
3. Dear; beloved.
4. Affectedly dainty or overrefined: precious mannerisms.
5. Informal. Thoroughgoing; unmitigated: a precious mess.
n.
One who is dear or beloved; a darling.
adv.
Used as an intensive: “He had precious little right to complain” (James Agee).
precious·ly adv. precious·ness n.
I was nearly brought to tears when I read this definition. It's hard to put into words, but when I was at the retreat this weekend, I was in my element. Like the things I was doing (playing broomball, snowshoeing, talking to kids, taking a sauna) brought pleasure to God. It was as though, from every angle I was being told I was precious. From God, From the girls, from Terry, from Paul... and it was good.
Think about it... I was "of High cost"..."Valuable"..."Cherished" ..."beloved"... The last time I felt like this I was at Focus. I believed that I was loved. ... and it IS good.
God is good.
Pray that I continue to remember this
as I remain...
In His holy hands,
Manda
(which actually means Beloved)
No comments:
Post a Comment