things are never quite as scary when you've got a best friendFirst off, Calvin and Hobbes was and is the best comic ever written. This, though is one of my most favorite Sunday Strips. (I think if you click the cartoon it will open it larger in another window)
I think I like Calvin & Hobbes because, well, it's so stinking funny. But I think I appreciate the relationship between Calvin and his faithful companion. It reminds me of my frienships.
- Middle of the night phonecalls when I can't sleep because I can't stop worrying... Calvin reminds me that "things are never quite as scary when you have a best friend"
- GROSS (Calvin's Get Rid of Slimy girlS) Clubs: Including, but not limited to the "boys are yucky" club, and the "Friends" pennant
- Partner's In Crime... Watch out for the "perfect prank." Suzie Derkins and snowballs was just the inspiration, right? (Right, Hoosier Daddy?)
- And if you were to walk in the front door, you'd better watch out, as I would probably bowl you over... I can't wait to see you
Thank God for Friends... for best friends, for secrets, for prayer, for free nights and weekends. so, to the dear ones... You're loved. I am so thankful you're in my life.
1 comment:
Glad to see you're blogging again. I've been reading limited sites for the past month and may have to include this ruitine for the time being. I can't believe how busy I am...does it ever end?
Calvin and Hobbes...I would give it the "Second Best Ever" title ONLY because it was so short lived. My nod goes to Peanuts and Charles Schultz for the longivity of the strip.
Having said that...Peanuts rarely makes me laugh out loud as Calvin and Hobbes does and it is, without a question, my favorite short lived comic strip of all time!
Post a Comment