Wednesday, May 3, 2006



This picture is a great reminder for me of how God works.

This was taken in/near the Boundary Waters in January. I was on a snowshoe hike that remains one of my favorite memories of the weekend. This is what it looked like everywhere. Heavy snow on the trees very gray sky... no color anywhere (yes, this is color film). It was still. I can't say I've ever experienced such deep stillness.

Right now, though, there is blue sky, the newest of new buds on the trees, little peeper frogs noisily making their presence known, chickadees singing away and the heartiest of flowers attempting the impossible: bloom without getting frozen.

This picture reminds me that even though I feel wait-ed down and my life is at a stand still... spring is coming. I need to step back and appreciate the still beauty of this time. And when spring comes, I want to remember that the flowers I appreciate the most are the ones that take the risk in blooming when temperatures are sure to dip below freezing.

In His holy hands,

Me

No comments: