Living in the "not yet"
I can't remember who talked about this idea or even the complete idea of the whole thing, but it is basically about how God promises us eternity but not yet. Until we get to eternity, we live in confident expectation about what He is going to do with and for us.
This was the message I took from the weekend with the Confirmation students.
I love working in camping/retreat ministry. I love ministering with kids in this kind of setting. The message that I heard was: "Manda, I know you, I know your heart and I know your strengths. You will get to do this, but not yet."
Then there's ththe whole relationship thing: "Yes, Manda, to you he seems just right, but I'm working some things out in you. There is someone for you, just not yet."
I am looking forward, living in anticipation, but I'm also living in the "not yet" of knowing what I want and trying to be patient for God's best plan.
I hope I'm not blind to it when it starts unfolding.
God is good.... this I know...
So until the things I dream of begin happening, I will expectantly remain
In His holy hands,
Manda
No comments:
Post a Comment