Friday, November 17, 2006
ok. ok. I get it. I'm a dork. I've come to accept this. I figure my spiritual gift is making people feel better about their abilities and whatnot because I'm always the one who ... looks like a dork.
I saw my friend Heather tonight in Barnes and Noble. She's engagged to be married to this guy, Chris, and I've never met Chris. I love Heather and was super excited to meet him. When she said he was wearing a maroon MN sweatshirt (in Bulldog territory, no less) and in the magazine section, I couldn't wait to tease him about how I first heard of him in Heather's life... so, like the humble person I am, I hurried over to the magazine section and introduced myself to a complete stranger. Heather didn't know him either. At first I thought Heather was making it up that it wasn't him... but it wasn't. What are the chances that the ONLY person in the magazine section was wearing a MAROON Minnesota sweatshirt? ugh.
I'm a dork. Its been a rough week. Its a good thing I don't take life too seriously, because I think that guy either (a) thought I was hitting on him or (b)that i was actually a disguised telemarketer who was out for his soul. Not sure which. Someday, with prayer, counseling and serious behavior management, I might not be a dork. Until then, pray for me...
I'm going to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's funny. Did you explain yourself? or run off screaming and hide in the bathroom for a couple of hours? Either way, fact remains: YOU ARE A DORK!
Thanks for sharing your most glorious moments with the rest of us.
Post a Comment