Sunday, August 19, 2007

When I was in high school, I cut out an article that's theme was "The bad in my day can remind me of what is good"
soggy cereal reminds me of how good un-soggy cereal is
rainy days that ruin my homework reminds me to enjoy sunny days (and days without homework)

recently, I've been trying to see the Pollyanna moments in my life...
the fact that i didn't get the job I really wanted...reminds me that God has a bigger plan, this i know. It just feels like the end of the world
the fact that i didn't get a job I ended up not really wanting anyway... reminds me that God has a bigger plan. And that getting rejected even when you didn't want it anyway, still hurts
the fact that a boy i liked is dating someone else... reminds me that God has a bigger plan and that this is part of the story, no matter how much it hurts

in all honesty, i would like to go hide under my covers and wait for a new life. I just don't have that luxury. So for now, i need to face it and trust that something really will work out. I wish God would hear me when i tell him I have enough character to power a small midwestern city. I wish it would stop hurting so much. I guess i won't be changing my name to polly anna any time soon.

No comments: