It's been a long time. I know this. I am feeling guilty because I enjoy reading other blogs and love the things they think about. I simply don't have much to say these days. The theme these days is that many of us are in a "funk" or dissatisfied in some way with our life. This is me, too. I can't help sensing that there's more and yet there is a need to feel satisfied in some way.
I love the scene in Princess Diaries 1 where Mia looks in the mirror, big hair and all, shrugs her shoulders and says "this is, as usual, as good as it's going to get." While I rarely have big hair, I find comfort in the fact that someone knows what I'm feeling about my life. That's how the blogs I'm visiting regularly seem to think.
But my all time favorite scene is the one that plays in my head when I read The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe... at the beavers when Susan and Lucy are concerned that Aslan, a not-tame lion isn't safe. To which Mr Beaver replies "No, he is not safe, but he is good." Knowing that He (God) is truly not safe and completely good is a comfort because I know then that this really isn't "as good as it's going to get."
I guess that's a good thing.
And as a PS... I loved the Ultimate Gift.
and another PPS... stay tuned, I'll show you my latest project...
2 comments:
You have a blog!!! Did you ever tell me this? I love that I can read your thoughts, literally... Much love to you, my sweet friend! Hey, by the way, cookie swap (remember the last time ;) my house, this Saturday, 6:30 pm, your sister is coming, want to surprise her?
Yeah, if she checks your blog, not really a surprise, huh? I'm a little slow on a Monday morning...
Post a Comment