Watching the Olympics, I am amazed at these people- they completely dedicate their life to one moment. I can't decide if they're crazy or to be admired. I wonder if I have *anything* in common with these people. I think about the hours in the weightroom and the sacrifices they make. Could I do it? What in the world would I be so dedicated to?
Could I ever be that dedicated to God?
If I were, what would that look like?
As for sports and Olympics, I don't think I share anything with them. They have more athletic ability in their fingernail than I do in my body. The only thing I can identify with is the "i'm standing here and I think I may be sick" feeling. I'm trying to decide if I should buy a house and a few phonecalls tomorrow will decide my fate. Buying a house is so huge and exciting. But doing something like this means that I won't do something else and parts of me are sad about those things. Should I go all in?
oh, and if Michael Phelps asks, yes, I will marry him.
No comments:
Post a Comment