
I thought you'd like to know I finished 2 5ks this week :) one on Sunday and one this m

orning... or last night. I started at midnight and finished 37 minutes later! It was glorious sleeping in this morning. I reached my goal- finishing in less than 45 minutes and running the whole thing. I sprinted up a couple hills that were awful but I finished. I've been struggling with a cold that has migrated from my head to m

y chest so I'm glad that's over.

The one on Sunday was Father's Day- my dad was in the Air National Guard during Vietnam, it was also the 3 year anniversary of my grandpa's death (he served in the Pacific with the Marines in WW2) and the day after Matt's birthday so I thought I pretty much had to honor the 3 most important men in my life on that particular day-- it was a MN Military Appreciation Fund 5k run. I hoped I would win the trip for 6 to Colorado, but it went to someone else.


But it was all good becuase I finished, though I did walk- it was a hot hot day with humidity thru the roof. The worst part, though was trying to get out of the Metrodome area- there was a Twins game and about a million people and everything was one way the wrong way so I took forrreeeever to get back on 35W to head north. So confusing.
Yesterday, I got my couch and I ordered a rug for my living room. I really like it and it won't be delivered until the end of September!!! I'm not sure I can wait that long :) but I

think I will survive.

I still miss you a ton and I really hope you enjoy your time with your family. Please say hi to all of them for me. Love, me
No comments:
Post a Comment